Put simply, we focus on the future
Rather than just turning out young people who are highly-skilled at passing exams, we prepare young people to be independent thinkers in an ever-changing world.
It’s a very different kind of education, where great results are a by-product, not our sole focus.
We love to think!
In traditional schools, there’s a straightforward, correct answer to every question – you just need to tick the right box. But what if there are several valid answers?
That’s how real life works and it shapes our curriculum. We encourage young people to think: independently, analytically, logically, creatively, imaginatively.
In short, we teach young people to think for themselves.
A global vision
We also look beyond our Foundation to educate young people, both in our local community and through our global digital outreach, which shares our iTunes U and iBook Textbooks with learners around the world.
We believe in:
- Individuality and the unique potential of every child
- Excellence and creativity in teaching and learning
- Encouraging personal and social responsibility
- Transforming learning by creating a dynamic environment
- Connecting to a world of opportunity, through a global outlook
- Inspiring confident, independent thinkers
"What’s unmeasured in the league tables is the quiet confidence instilled in the pupils here and how the school balances academic expectation with a happy, nurturing environment."
M & J EVANS, PARENTS